Canadian Spousal Sponsorship Application


Are you a citizen or permanent resident?

You may be able to sponsor your spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner. Your spouse may need to have a medical exam, security, criminal, and back ground check.

Here the other types of documents you will need to sponsor a:


  • Marriage license or certificate
  • Proof of that you as a spouse lives with the sponsor (mortgages, leases, documents showing same address for both)
  • Proof of relationship with sponsor (photos, wedding invitations)
  • Documents from other institutions or government authorities
  • Proof of divorce if any

Common law partner

  • Proof of separation from former spouse
  • Proof that you both have been living together for at least one year
  • Proof both live at the same address
  • Documents from other institutions or government authorities
  • Joint banks accounts and insurance policies

Conjugal partner

  • Proof of relationship
  • Proof that you both are living together
  • Further documents may be requested

The documents listed should be included in the spousal sponsorship application. You must also complete the undertaking and sponsorship agreement as well the permanent resident application form and attach it.

Contact us to find out which options suits you and your loved one best!