Where is your part of the application submitted as the person being sponsored?
There are two different options that will need to be decided first before you submit the application. Will your application be made from inside of Canada or from outside of Canada?
If your application is going to be processed from outside of Canada then your application will be sent to the Canadian Immigration Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ont. Once the application has been looked at, and approved then it will be sent to the appropriate Canadian Immigration Visa Office that is also located outside of Canada, for everything else.
If your application is going to be processed from within Canada, then your application will be submitted to the Canadian Immigration Case Processing Centre that is in Vegreville, Alberta. Once there it will be processed once your Sponsor has been approved.
Who is to sign the agreement for sponsorship?
The sponsor as well as you being the sponsored applicant will be required to sign the agreement. This means that the sponsor and the applicant being sponsored are bound by the obligations that they both hold throughout this process.
What if your application doesn’t have a signed agreement?
If your application does not have a signed agreement attached then it will be deemed to be incomplete. In order for the sponsorship process to enter the next stage there needs to be written proof of the agreement that it entails.
What exactly is the Sponsorship Agreement?
The Sponsorship Agreement is a part of the Sponsorship process in which both parties will have a written contract promising each other to fulfill and meet certain requirements.
What happens after you have submitted your application?
Once your application has been submitted to the appropriate Immigration Office then it will be looked over to ensure that:
- All the appropriate and required forms have been completed and submitted correctly
- You have provided all of the supporting documents that are needed
- You have paid all of the fees that need to be paid up until that point
How can you help to speed up the process?
There are a few things in which you can do that will ensure your application the fastest processing speed as possible. You should:
- Make sure that you have provided ALL of the documentation and information that is being requested of you
- Inform the appropriate office that is processing your application if any of your information changes. This will include things like:
- Your address
- Your telephone number
- Your email address
- Where you are currently living, etc.
What are some things that may delay the process of your application?
Like there are certain things you can do in order to ensure a smooth process of your application there are also things that you can do that will delay this process. Some of these things are:
- If you are missing any of the required signatures on any of the forms that are attached
- Documents that are required but not included in your application package
- If there are any unclear photocopies included
- If you have any documents that require either French or English translations and they aren’t included
- If you have a medical condition that could require you to have more tests or consultations
- If there is a criminal or security problem, or;
- If there is consultation that is required with other offices in Canada or outside of Canada
How can you ensure that your application is sufficient from the beginning?
Well, the easy answer would be to make sure that you have double checked over everything before you submit it to be processed. Another answer would be to acquire the assistance of an immigration representative.
If you feel unsure about your application or you just simply want to have it checked over, please do not hesitate to contact us! Our staff have been trained in working with immigration applications and can look over anything for you in hopes that you have everything that will be required included. It is not necessary for you to take this step but it will help you in the long run to make sure all the information needed is there and that your application is sent to the right place the first time. This will hopefully eliminate any issues that you may run into.