The spousal visa application form includes many parts to it. The applicant has to fill out the following:
- Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship agreement and undertaking (IMM 1344)
- Document Checklist
- Sponsorship Evaluation (IMM 5491)
- Sponsor Questionnaire (IMM 5540)
- Statutory Declaration of Common law Union (IMM 5409) if applicable
- Use of a Representative
- Receipt (IMM 5401)
The sponsor must complete:
- The application to sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344)
- Sponsorship Evaluation (IMM 5481) or Financial Evaluation (IMM 1283)
- Use of Representative
- Statutory Declaration of Common Law union
Sponsored person must complete:
- Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008)
- Additional dependants, if applicable
- Background Declaration (IMM 5669)
- Spouse/Partner Questionnaire (IMM 5490)
- Additional family information (IMM 5406)
- Use of Representative, if applicable
The application to sponsor form asks question about the name, date of birth etc of the person being sponsored, nature of relationship with the sponsor. The form also asks for details of the Sponsor including his/her status in Canada.
The undertaking and agreements part of the form requires the Sponsor to read the obligations and sign on them. The sponsorship evaluation is completed to assess the past and current obligation with respect to previous sponsorships. The questionnaire is filled out by the Sponsor and contains questions about the sponsor’s family, education employment etc.
The use of representative form is done when the applicant has a legal representative filing the application for the applicant. The form inquires the contact information of the representative and whether he/she is being paid for the representation or not.
For further information on spousal application forms and the procedure, don’t hesitate to contact us.